Ultimate Tart Cherry Holiday Dinner Menu
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 1 Hour
Yield: 4 Servings
This recipe is courtesy of Lexi Davidson, lexiscleankitchen.com
Savoury Tart Cherry Compote
- 1 onion, dice up small
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 20g frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 100ml orange juice
- Orange zest from 1/2 orange
- 60 ml maple sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Tart Cherries
- Peeled and washed brussels sprouts (approx 400G)
- 170g chopped kale
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 an onion
- 50 g dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 40g hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
Savoury Tart Cherry Compote:
• Saute onion and 1 tbsp. butter on low heat for 20-30 minutes until caramelized, stirring often. Set½ mixture aside for Warm Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad.
• Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
• Salt and pepper to taste? (We used a miniscule amount of ¼ a teaspoon of salt and ½ pepper).
Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Tart Cherries:
• Heat heavy skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and saute Brussels sprouts and kale for 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Transfer cooked greens to a bowl, and add in remaining ingredients and toss.
Roasted Butternut Squash:
• Preheat oven to 200ºC/ 400ºF.
• Peel and cut butternut squash into ½ inch dice.
• Combine in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
• Place on baking sheet with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes, until tender.
• Heat oven to 200ºC/ 400ºF.
• Salt and Pepper pork generously, set aside.
• Heat large skillet on high, add oil.
• Once hot (use water test), add pork chops. Cook for 3 minutes until nicely browned.
• Flip over and carefully pick up skillet and place in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
• Remove from oven and quickly add butter, garlic and herbs. Carefully tilt the pan so the butter pools to one side and spoon butter, herbs and garlic over the cooked pork chops for about 1 minute.