Montmorency Tart Cherry Pickled Onions
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Montmorency Tart Cherry juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 Tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Place onions in a mesh sieve set over the sink or a large bowl. Pour boiling water over onions to soften. Allow onions to sit while you prepare the brine.
In a large jar (at least quart size) mix together apple cider vinegar, Montmorency Tart Cherry juice, salt, and sugar.
Layer in onions, spices, and thyme a little at a time, alternating between ingredients. Make sure all ingredients are fully covered with liquid.
Cover onions and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Onions will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso of jellytoastblog.com